Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Noble Character of the Prophet (saw)

The noble character of Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi wasallam is known to the whole universe. Allah Ta'aala has also mentioned this in the Qur-aan.. 'And lo! thou art of a tremendous nature'.-Suratul Qalam, 4. His noble character and habits are regarded as an example to the world today. The etiquette of Muhammad Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam has fame, pomp and honour in the world, and what more can be said after Allah Ta'aala Himself has praised Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam. Allah Ta'aala says in Suratul Qalam: 'And lo! thou art of a tremendous nature'. In this aayah it has been stressed in many ways that 'Verily you are of the most noble character'. It is difficult to count and fully describe the noble character of Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam. A great portion has been written on this subject in the books of hadith.
Khaarijah bin Zayd bin Thaabit Radiyallahu 'Anhu reported that a group came to Zayd bin Thaabit (his father) and requested him to describe to them some facts about Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam. He replied. "What can I describe to you of Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi 'Wasallam. (It is beyond my means to describe them). I was the neighbour of Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam. (Therefore he was mostly present and knew many facts. He was also a writer of the wahi (revelation). When wahi was revealed to Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam, he sent for me, I came and wrote it. (Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam always showed kindness, and made us feel at ease). Whatever we discussed, he discussed the same. If we discussed some worldly affairs, he also spoke of it. (It was not that he only spoke about the hereafter to us,'and despised the talking of worldly affairs). When we spoke of the hereafter, he too spoke of the hereafter. When we began speaking of the hereafter, he described its events etc in detail). 'When we spoke of food, Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam also spoke of it. (Its etiquette, benefits, tasty foods, foods that are harmful, etc. In the previous chapters many such commands of Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam are mentioned. i.e. 'What a wonderful curry vinegar is'. 'Use olive oil, it is from a mubaarak tree'. etc.). All this I am saying are facts on Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam"'.

'Amr ibnul 'Aas Radiyallahu 'Anhu reports: "(Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam gave attention, spoke and showed love to the worst person of a nation. So that, the person may feel he is being given special attention). He used to give attention, and spoke to me also in a manner, that I began to feel that I was the best among the community. (Therefore one day) I asked: 'O Messenger of Allah, am I better or is Abubakr better?' He replied: 'Abubakr'. I then asked: 'Am I better, or 'Umar?' He replied. "Umar'. I asked: 'Am I better or 'Uthmaan?' He replied: 'Uthmaan'.When I asked him these questions, Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam told me the truth. (He did not tell me I was better to keep me happy. Afterwards I felt ashamed of myself on this deed). I felt I should not have asked such a question".
Anas bin Maalik Radiyallahu 'Anhu says: "I remained in the service (of Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam for ten years. He never once told me 'Oof '. When I did something, he never asked me, why did you do so? When I did not do a certain task, he never asked me why I did not
do it. Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam had the best character among all people. (and also possessed the most excellent features, so much so,) that I never felt a silk cloth, nor pure silk, nor any other thing softer than the palm of Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam. Nor did I smell any musk or any other fragrance, more sweet smelling than the sweat of Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam".

0 comments:

Label Cloud

Counter Powered by  RedCounter

  © Blogger template 'Perfection' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP